Here are a few suggestions that you can try alongside the Effortless Sleep CD that may guide you in to a deeper more sound state of sleep:
- Try taking a hot bath for 20 to 30 minutes two hours before your bedtime.
- Dim your lights early in the evening to allow your body to naturally create the sleep hormone melatonin.
- Create regular nighttime routines to help your body and mind shift into sleep mode.
- Refrain from nighttime caffeine, nicotine and sodas that may stimulate your body.
- Turn off the electronics before bedtime. The blue light emitted from the screens of TV’s, tablets and phones are known to stimulate the brain and decrease melatonin production
- If you get cold, or have low blood pressure, be sure to wear socks to bed to increase your circulation. This actually helps the body to relax.
- Limit late night dinners, snacks and alcohol. The food stimulates your digestive process (which takes your body’s energy away from what it is supposed to do which is repair, rebuild and rejuvenate) and the alcohol disrupts your sleep patterns.